The Iowa Rent and Utility Assistance Program may provide financial assistance to eligible, COVID-19 impacted renters with rent and utility bills.
- Renter households with incomes of no more than 80% of Area Median Income.
- One or more individuals in the household has qualified for unemployment benefits OR has experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs or experienced other financial hardship due directly or indirectly to the coronavirus outbreak.
- The household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability which may include a past due utility or rent notice or eviction notice.
- Rent Payments
Past Due Payments: for costs incurred no earlier than March 13, 2020.
Future Payments: up to three months of assistance at a time.
- Utility Payments
Past Due Payments: Electricity, gas, propane or fuel oil, water, sewer and/or trash removal.
For costs incurred no earlier than March 13, 2020.
Future Payments: Not available.
- Up to 12 Months Combined Assistance
Eligible renters may apply for rent assistance only, utility assistance only or both.
- Payments for utility costs will be made directly to utility providers and applied to the customers’ accounts.
- Renters may apply for utility assistance only, rent assistance only or both.
If you need help filling out the form, do not have internet, need language assistance or have any other questions, please call the Application Support Team: 515-348-813 or 855-300-5885.
For more information see flyers (available in English, Spanish and French) below and visit https://www.iowafinance.com/iowa-rent-and-utility-assistance-program/